What started out as a somewhat taboo and definitely confusing trend in the wellness realm, CBD has spread like wildfire over recent years and has grown into its own booming industry. In fact, according to a recent study from the beauty research website Poshly, usage of CBD-based beauty products has nearly doubled since January 2019.
“CBD beauty is no longer a fringe trend,” says Doreen Bloch, founder and CEO of Poshly. “Launches this year from Milk, Kiehl's and numerous indie brands have helped to normalize the ingredient and build awareness for its many product benefits.”
The data further revealed that:
- At the start of 2019, roughly 20 percent of beauty consumers stated they were using CBD-based beauty products, but as of May 2019, that number has increased to approximately 40 percent.
- In late 2018 and early 2019, about a third of consumers reported they were interested in trying CBD beauty products. As of May 2019, 50 percent of beauty consumers are indicating interest.
- 64 percent of beauty consumers believe that CBD beauty is more than just a fad.
- The biggest benefits of CBD beauty products, according to consumers, include pain relief, soothing and reducing inflammation, therapeutic benefits, and anti-anxiety.
- The biggest drawbacks of CBD beauty, according to consumers, is that there is currently not enough evidence of benefits.
Do you have a favorite CBD brand? Connect with us on social media—we’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be sure to sign up for our Budding Beauty CBD newsletter, bringing the latest in CBD trends to your inbox the first Thursday of every month.