Just in time to beat the July heat, Ildi Pekar, celebrity facialist to Miranda Kerr and Irina Shayk, shares the tips she gives her super model clients to help them achieve sun-protected skin all summer long.
According to Pekar, “Sun damage occurs when your skin cells are injured due to over exposure from the sun. You can tell if you have sun damage by looking closely at your skin. If you have any pigmentation or dark brown spots, it is possible it was caused from the effects of sun exposure on the skin, which increases melanin in your skin to create a darker skin tone. Redness in the skin is also a sign of damaged skin cells from the overexposure.” Pekar reveals her tricks and secrets on how to prevent and reverse sun damage.
How to Get Protected Skin
- Use and Take Vitamin D
- Apply an SPF protecting agent right before you leave your home
- Drink plenty of water
How to Reverse Sun Damage
- Try using LED Light Therapy or peels
- Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week
- Don’t overexpose your skin to the sun. Less is more
What to Eat to Amp Up Protection
- Try some tomatoes that contain lycopene, an antioxidant that can help protect your skin
- Indulge in some natural berries and fruits. The natural ingredients in blueberries, goji berries, and plums work to shield your face from the damaging heat