Nothing says the holidays more than a little shimmer and shine, and one of the sparkliest people at Boom Boom Brow Bar (New York City), resident makeup and brow expert Danielle Boyer, is sharing her tips on how to glam up eyes and lips for the season.
Look One: Glitter Eyes
Products you'll need: Boom Boom Brow Bar Boostier brow powder in Aretha and Tina, Boom Boom Brow Bar Seamless in Brunette, Boom Boom Brow Bar Brow-ssiere, Angled Brush and Glitter Eye Shadow.
- Apply Boostier in Tina in the crease of eye from end to end to create a smokey effect.
- Brush on a slight touch of Boostier in Aretha over the Tina to deepen the smokey effect even more.
- Add a little Aretha in the outer corners of the eye to create a wide-eyed effect and a little holiday drama!
- Wet the tip of the angled brush and dab it into Boostier in Aretha, this gives a more pigmented creamy liner effect. Sweep the brush from the inner to outer corner of your eye creating a "winged" liner effect.
- Lightly apply Seamless (in desired shade) in hair-like strokes to define brows.
- Apply Brow-ssiere Brow Gel through brows and on lower lid to set shadow that won’t budge.
- Apply glitter or sparkly shadow of choice on the lower lid.
- Top it off with your favorite lashes.
Look Two: Glitter Lips
Products you'll need: Boom Boom Brow Bar Brow-ssiere brow gel, a lip brush and fun, festive glitter.
- Dip a disposable lip brush into Brow-ssiere and apply product to the entire lip surface until they look nice and glossy. All the goodness that keeps your brows in place will secure anything you put on your lips too.
- Apply glitter – it can be a shimmery shadow, glitter, gems or sequins…get creative!
The glitter lip trend is everywhere and customizing bling is a fun and easy way to add a little unexpected sparkle to makeup. Boyer agrees that glitter lips are all the rave right now, saying, “instead of spending a ton of money on a glittery gloss, it’s much more fun to make your own!”