It’s the holiday season and you probably have a lot to be thankful for, but what about that special someone in your life – we’re talking about your esthetician. You know, that special person who gave you glowing skin in January, smooth skin for bikini season and is now prepping you for the cold months ahead.
Estheticians are with you every step of the way. That’s why we’re sharing five reasons we should all be thankful for them this holiday season.
1. You get expert advice... from an expert: We're sure you know this already. After all, your esthetician is on speed dial. You count the days you can see them and they can tell you what’s going on with your skin. They know exactly what you need to get your skin in shape for that party tonight or your vacation in a few weeks. No matter how many articles you read or YouTube tutorials you watch, there’s no replacing an actual person who can answer all your questions about your skin. The same goes for a person who can expertly advise you on the skincare products that are best for you to use. That’s because they’re experts. They continue their education on the skin long after they left their school and they always pass the knowledge on. They’re committed to making sure you look as beautiful as possible.
2. They know your skin inside and out: All jokes aside, estheticians are a gift. Once you find one that you love, they get to know your skin, session after session. By asking you loads of questions that seem irrelevant at the time, they can pinpoint skin irritants and allergies, tell you what type of skin you’ve got, and suggest products that you can use at home that would be more helpful.
3. They work miracles: We’re always amazed at how well our skin turns out after just one visit, especially if it’s been a while between appointments. Who else could fix that weird patch on your skin better than your esthetician. Estheticians do amazing things with their expertise and knowledge of your skin. They always seem to know exactly what will help your skin look better. Even after your first facial, you glow, and it’s no mystery: that’s your esthetician’s handiwork.
4. They fix your skin better than you can: Forget DIY skin care and trying to take things into your own hands to fix your skin concerns. Even if you’re the adventurous type, chemical peels and microdermabrasion treatments are meant for your skin care expert. That’s another reason to be grateful for estheticians. They know exactly how these processes should go, what the best skin care products are and the best ones for us. It’s their job to make our skin look as pretty as possible, so they’ll never steer us wrong.
5. They're loads of fun: Your esthetician is a lot of fun. This is one of the many reasons we love showing up for facials and appointments with our estheticians. They know that working so closely with your skin, especially your face, can be daunting, and they try to make it as easy as possible for you to enjoy. They distract you with funny stories and always put your mind at ease about your skin. Even your best friend can’t do that.
And although estheticians are trained to look after our faces, the truth is, they do a great job with our soul too. We’re sure you have a great relationship with your esthetician. How could you not? A great esthetician will make you feel great both inside and out.
We may be a little biased, but we’re so grateful for the estheticians in our lives. They take care of us and our skin, make us laugh in the process, and, as a bonus, they’re really good friends who share the best skin care advice.