According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there was a seven percent increase in non-invasive fat reduction treatments between 2016 and 2017. These procedures have gained popularity, because, in part, they offer a way to reduce unwanted fat and cellulite without surgery and with minimal downtime. Instead, the treatments utilize extreme temperatures and lasers for slimming. “None of these procedures are for weight loss,” says Holly Cutler, medical esthetician and founder of Face Skincare Medical Wellness (Bingham Farms, MI). “They are for targeting specific areas of fat, cellulite, or for tightening.” Cutler says that she performs body-contouring treatments on women looking to reshape their bodies after pregnancy. In one case, she had a mother seek intervention after having three children by C-section. There are several non-invasive body treatments on today’s market that treat more than the post-pregnancy body. Here, we're revealing the latest advancements in technology.
- COOLSCULPTING: This procedure is approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) to permanently reduce fat using a cooling method. The system reduces fat on the stomach, inner and outer thighs, flanks, the area under the chin, and more. Clients should expect a one-inch reduction over two to three months.
- PRECISIONTX: This treatment uses the Triplex laser system to treat small areas of the body, including the neck and jawline. It requires a one-hour procedure, and results are seen over time.
- SCULPSURE: Approved by the FDA, this procedure uses lasers to reduce fat in the stomach, back, thighs, under the chin, and more, with each area requiring a 30-minute treatment. Fat cells are permanently reduced.
- SMARTLIPO: This treatment is less invasive than traditional liposuction. It permanently reduces fat using a laser, which is inserted into the body using a small incision. The laser melts the fat, and then it is gently suctioned out.
- THERMISMOOTH: Using a series of radio frequency treatments to temporarily reduce cellulite, the treatment works well for post-pregnancy makeovers.
- TRUSCULPT: This system uses conductive radio frequency to tighten skin and reduce fat. The surface temperature of the device stays at a comfortable temperature for clients.
- VELASHAPE: This treatment tightens skin and reduces cellulite using infrared light, bi-polar radio frequency energy, and a vacuum. Clients need multiple treatments in most cases.