Forbes Travel Guide recently debuted its 61st annual list of Star Rating winners, which recognize the world’s finest properties and reward top-quality service. Among the 2019 recipients include eight five-star spas and 21 four-star spas, increasing the total of Forbes Travel Guide awarded spas to 281 properties. Other 2019 additions include six five-star restaurants, 21 new five-star hotels, 49 new four-star hotels, and 62 new hotels in the recommended category.
“At Forbes Travel Guide we verify luxury,” said Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide. “Our independent inspection process is the gold standard in the hospitality industry. Discerning travelers can trust that each winner is the best of the best. We are pleased to honor the 2019 Star Rating recipients, an exceptional collection of hotels, restaurants, and spas dedicated to guest service.”
Forbes’s team of anonymous, professional inspectors travel the world to asses hotels, restaurants, and spas based on 900 objective standards. The Star Rating system inspects both service and facility but also emphasizes quality of service, as the guest experience at a hotel, restaurant, or spa goes beyond looks. According to Forbes, “how a hotel, restaurant, or spa makes you feel is what you will remember most.”
Take a look at the new four- and five-star rated spas for 2019 below:
- The Bulgari Spa Bali
- La Prairie Spa at Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
- Ritz Spa (Lisbon, Portugal)
- The Spa & Salon at Aria (Las Vegas)
- The Spa at Esperanza (Los Cabos, Mexico)
- The Spa at The Breakers Palm Beach
- The Spa at The Post Oak Hotel (Houston, TX)
- Zensa Spa (Macau, China)
- Ava Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Prague
- Miraval Life in Balance Spa (Dana Point, CA)
- The Phoenician Spa (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Raffles Spa at Raffles Istanbul
- Remède Spa Bali
- Remède Spa Punta Mita (Mexico)
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Bahrain
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa at Puebla (Mexico)
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa at Sanya (China)
- The Spa at Carillon Miami Beach
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club (Miami)
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, D.C.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya (China)
- The Spa at Sandy Lane (Barbados)
- The Spa at The Ritz-Carlton Sanya, Yalong Bay (China)
- Spa at Grand Velas Los Cabos (Mexico)
- Spa Pechanga (San Diego, CA)
- Tria Spa at MGM Cotai (Macau, China)
- Tria Spa at MGM Macau (China)
Forbes-Rated Spas Fast Facts:
- In the United States, the greatest number of five-star spas is in: California (10), Florida (6), and Nevada (4).
- Globally, cities with the most five-star spas include: Macau (9), Hong Kong (5) and Las Vegas (4).
- Houston captures its first five-star spa with The Spa at The Post Oak Hotel. The new 20,000- square-foot urban facility also has the distinction of being the only five-star spa in Texas.
- The longest-running Five-Star spa is Spa Montage Laguna Beach (CA), which has maintained its rating for 14 consecutive years. It also was Forbes Travel Guide’s first five-star spa recipient.
- Ten spas earned five-star rating for more than 10 years: The Mandarin Spa (Hong Kong); The Oriental Spa, Hong Kong; The Peninsula Spa Hong Kong; The Spa at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island (Charleston); The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami; The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York; and The Spa at Sea Island (Sea Island, Georgia).
The company honored its 2019 winners at Verified, The Forbes Travel Guide Luxury Summit at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills on February 26 and 27. The two-day lineup included a celebratory dinner hosted by Brooke Shields. For the full list of Forbes Travel Guide star locations, click here.