MindBody has announced the winners of its 2017 Bold Awards. The Bold Awards program is one of the only of its kind to recognize top businesses and professionals throughout the dynamic wellness services industry.
Since its launch in 2014, the awards celebrate professionals who have accomplished significant milestones over the previous year and who have created lasting impacts on their clients and communities within the wellness service businesses. 2017 marked the first Bold Award win of a salon, Ouidad Salon by Chadwick and Igor, and for a Canadian business, SensaFloat Spa.
“The 2017 Bold Award winners exemplify the spirit of the wellness services industry – an industry driven by the desire to help people live healthier, happier lives,” says Rick Stollmeyer, MindBody CEO and cofounder. “We couldn’t be more proud to honor these dedicated businesses and practitioners here amongst their peers in the unmatchable energy of the Bold Conference.”
The winners were recognized at MindBody’s annual Bold Conference held recently in San Diego. The conference saw nearly 1,500 attendees this year with representation from 11 different countries and more than 200 conference alumni. The conference is designed to bring together business owners, practitioners, and experts from across the wellness services industry, including fitness, beauty, and integrated health, to learn, network, and learn the best practices to help their businesses thrive.
Below, find the complete list of 2017 Bold Award categories and winners.
Bold Business of the Year - exemplifies what it means to be bold: taking risks, seizing opportunity and making a lasting impact on its community.
- True Grit Fit (single location) - "Uses boot camp to improve the community with workouts for breast cancer awareness and military nonprofits. Their success is evident by their 113 percent revenue growth and 104 percent client growth."
- Hapa Yoga (multi-location) - "Offers programs for new mothers and their children, including classes that address the physical and emotional aspects of motherhood. The studio saw 71 percent revenue growth year-over-year and was recently approved for franchising."
Inspirational Instructor/Professional - inspires his or her clients in every aspect of their lives.
- April Wooten of Studio South - "April, a woman with cerebral palsy and a certified yoga instructor, serves as an inspiration to those intimidated by the practice. She is now working on a series of yoga videos for others with cerebral palsy."
Most Innovative Business – has implemented unique ideas that have made a difference in its business and/or industry.
- InnerCity Weightlifting - "Reduces youth violence by connecting at-risk youth with new networks and opportunities, including meaningful career tracks in and beyond personal training. The gym is used to replace segregation and isolation with economic mobility and social inclusion, disrupting the system that leads to urban street violence."
Most Compassionate Business – has done the most for its local community.
- American Iron Gym- "Implemented a tutoring program and trains at-risk youth in powerlifting as an incentive for good grades."
Greatest Business Growth – has achieved the greatest revenue growth since July 1, 2016.
- Ouidad Salon by Chadwick and Igor (single location) - "Grew their revenue by 157 percent year-over-year."
- Hapa Yoga (multi-location) - "Grew their revenue by 71 percent year-over-year."
Greatest Customer Growth – has achieved the greatest increase in customers since July 1, 2016.
- SensaFloat Spa (single location) - "179 percent client growth year-over-year."
- StarFit Studio (multi-location) - "105 percent client growth year-over-year."