Perfect365, a popular beauty app with more than 100 million users worldwide, recently conducted a survey on the latest celebrity beauty trends. As the first two generations to experience grow up with the internet, this survey was taken by 28,000 millennials (those born between 1980 and 1994) and Gen. Z users (born between 1995 and 2005). When purchasing beauty products, these users have been a part of some far-reaching changes and significant decisions in recent years.
Here are a few facts Perfect365 discovered when the results came in:
- 53 percent of millennials and 51 percent of Gen. Z users both said “no” when they were asked if they felt more inclined to purchase a beauty product if a celebrity endorsed it.
- Both generations responded fairly close when asked about which celebrity the follow for makeup trends. 21 percent of millennials preferred Kim Kardashian West, and 21 percent of Gen. Z users preferred Kylie Jenner.
- Both millennials and Gen. Z users preferred Kardashian West's soft-contour look the most over other signature celeb styles.
- When millennials and Gen. Z users were asked about which beauty brands they purchased the most, both groups favored MAC Cosmetics over other brands, including Urban Decay, NYX, Maybelline, CoverGirl, L'Oreal, Tarte, Bare Minerals, Revlon, and Kylie Cosmetics.
In addition to the celebrity content, the survey also included a couple questions on fall favorites. Here’s how both user groups responded:
- In response to their favorite fall makeup trends, 32 percent preferred darker lip color and 30 percent favored a smoky eye.
- When asked about their preferred faux lashes, 54 percent don’t even wear lashes, and 31 percent favored glue-on strip lashes.
Check out the full results of the Perfect365 Celebrity Beauty Study here, and in the infographic below:
If you’re interested in learning more about Perfect365, visit their website or download their app in the iTunes app store.