In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Pear Nova nail lacquer is partnering with Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence (BTSADV), a nonprofit led by survivor-volunteers who serve victims, survivors, and families affected by domestic violence. During the month of October, 10 percent of Pear Nova’s revenue will be donated to the organization to help provide service and support to victims of abuse.
Pear Nova founder and licensed esthetician Rachel James established Pear Nova as a business for women by women, and this month joins BTSADV founder and executive director Kristen Faith in her mission of women helping women. Through the donations, James's company will provide additional resources to women in Faith’s organization, including healing retreats like Angel Families Retreat, crisis hotlines such as Survivor Helpline, and financial assistance programs such as the Break The Silence Against Domestic Violence National Scholarship Program.
Faith founded Break the Silence after suffering her own share of abuse, and her experience encouraged her to help others. The nonprofit is comprised of other survivors who volunteer their time, offer resources, and foster connections between victims and shelters, academic institutions, and government agencies designed to help them rebuild after tragedy and trauma.
Below, discover BTSADV's seven ways to help domestic violence survivors. Interested supporters can purchase Pear Nova nail lacquers on the Pear Nova website.
Break the Silence’s Seven Ways To Help Domestic Violence Survivors:
Time: Regardless of if you have or have not been affected by domestic violence, donate your time to organizations, such as BTSADV or even your local shelter to support families in need.
Serve: Our distinguished Board of Directors ensure the integrity of the organization is exceeding donors’ expectations with excellent service.
- Skills: Marketing, administrative, social media, web development, human resources, leadership development, public relations, sales, hospitality, academia, fundraising, or nonprofit skills are all valuable resources you can donate to maintain a volunteer-led organization.
- Travel: Offering educational workshops and peer-to-peer programs requires a lot of travel. Offer your unused travel miles to sponsor one of our educators to attend training sessions and events and to host more community events nationwide in 2018.
- Supplies: With a high demand for resource guides and constant need for new technology, we constantly need more stationary products and multimedia technology.
- Train: Leadership and personal development training are crucial components to maintaining a successful organization. Offer your professional services to assist in building a dynamic team.
- Finance: Monetary donations are one of the most useful things you can donate to assist in the growth of BTSADV. This allows us to expand our programs each year and provide more support to victims, survivors, and angel families nationwide. We can only provide life-changing programs if you stand behind us financially.