Preferred Hotels & Resorts has announced its plan to launch 23 new properties worldwide during 2019. As the world’s largest independent hotel brand, the new properties have been designed to offer one-of-a-kind experiences that reflect the true essence of each location. In anticipation of the openings, Preferred Hotels & Resorts has announced a few superlatives for the upcoming unveilings.
Best for an Off-the-Beaten-Track Adventure:
Lelewatu Resort Sumba (Sumba Island, Indonesia) – April 2019
Set on a cliff overlooking a private lagoon and the Indian Ocean, Lelewatu Resort Sumba will span 10 acres of land decorated with 27 luxury villas, designed with authentic Sumbanese wooden interiors, handwoven ikat fabric, indoor marble baths, and private pools. The Maraga Spa will offer treatments using local ingredients such as coconuts, clove, and salt. Guests who appreciate the outdoors can enjoy a host of wellness activities, including yoga, horseback riding, trekking, and more.
Best for a Boho Wellness Break:
Santarena Hotel (Las Catalinas, Costa Rica) – February 2019
A car-free destination, Santarena Hotel is located in the organic heartland of natural diversity in Costa Rica, surrounded by rugged coastline and tropical dry forest. The property will feature 45 guestrooms including three suites, a roof-top lounge and swimming pool, and elevated local cuisine focused on sustainability and farm-to-fork dishes. Wellness and adventure activities include hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, and scuba diving.
Best for a Sustainable Retreat:
Hotel Samzeo (Omalo, Georgia) – May 2019
Perfect for hikers and intrepid travelers, Hotel Samzeo will be the first hotel located in a remote village located between two mountain ranges in Gergia’s Tusheti region. The hotel will be entirely serviced by energy efficient systems and solar power. Featuring 43 rooms, including 10 luxury suites and two apartments, the boutique hotel comprises a restaurant serving traditional cuisine and local wine, a lounge area with wood burning stoves, and a spa.
Check out the list below to see the rest of the new locations and their anticipated opening months:
- Atelier Playa Mujeres (Mexico)
- Estudio Play Mujeres (Isla Mujeres, Mexico)
- Garza Blanca Los Cabos (Mexico)
- Mystery Hotel Budapest (Hungary)
- Hotel Bennet (Charleston, SC)
- The First Roma Dolce (Rome, Italy)
- The One Palacio de Anunciada (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Hotel Hendricks (New York City)
- Amerikalinjen (Oslo, Norway)
- Hotel EQ, Kuala Lumpur
- The Kitano Hotel Tokyo (Japan)
- The Greystone (Miami Beach, FL)
- Encore Boston Harbor (Everett, MA)
- The Chedi, Mumbai (India)
- The Laszlo (Parker, CO)
- The Diaoyutai Mansion (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Paramount Dubai (UAE)
- The Daytona Beach Convention Hotel (FL)
- Amrit Resort (Singer Island, FL)
- Can Bordoy Grand house & Garden (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)