Spafinder – a leading marketing, gifting, incentives, and rewards brand that connects people to thousands of spas and beauty salons – has announced the launch of its new gift card technology, enhanced distribution channels, and additional partner services, designed to make it even easier for consumers and businesses to give the gift of spa and beauty experiences.
“Gifting exceptional spa and beauty experiences has been at the heart of what Spafinder has been doing for over 30 years,” says Christi Durant, Spafinder’s regional vice preside of sales. “Our new gift card technology, greater distribution capabilities, and product offerings make it even easier for consumers to connect with our robust network of leading spa and beauty partners. Our business continues to focus on building relationships with some of the best spas and beauty salons to increase our redemption network and providing customers with an easy-to-use resource for pampering themselves or others with great spa experiences.”
Following its 2016 acquisition by Blackhawk Network, a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions, Spafinder can now more effectively connect people to spas and salons with gift cards distributed via retail, ecommerce, corporate, incentive, and loyalty programs.
The following changes to Spafinder’s business are a win-win for the spas and beauty salons in the Spafinder network as well as consumers:
New gift card technology:
- The new Spafinder gift card allows more consumer flexibility when making purchases. Originally only a single-use card, the new Spafinder gift card allows for multiple uses so that consumers can spend any remaining balance on the gift card. Consumers can use the gift card at one or multiple spas and beauty salons in the Spafinder network for a wide range of services, including massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, hair-styling and more. It is available in both plastic and egift forms, in denominations from $25–$500.
- For spas and beauty salons, the new gift cards can be easily processed within their existing payment systems. Spafinder’s new gift cards operate similar to a credit or debit card, so validating the gift card is easier and payments are processed more quickly. Spafinder partners can use the same processing system as other Visa payments, so there isn’t a need to invest in new point of sale equipment or change existing reconciliation processes.
Greater distribution of Spafinder gift cards:
- The new Spafinder gift cards are now available for purchase at Target, and will soon be available at www.spafinder.com. In addition, these cards will be available in almost 25,000 physical retail locations in the U.S., including Albertsons; on ecommerce sites like www.giftcards.com and www.giftcardmail.com; and in reward programs through Chase Rewards and United MileagePlus, among others.
Additional partner services:
- Create and sell a partner’s own branded gift card online, in bulk and within Blackhawk’s own in-store distribution network.
- Create deals and offers for spas and beauty salons that can reach millions with Blackhawk’s publisher and merchant network.
- An updated Spafinder website that includes data tracking for partners, as well as an enhanced database for customers to find a wide range of spas and beauty salons, from luxury locations like Marriott Hotel & Resorts, Mandara Spa and The Red Door, to more frequent use salons and day spas.
Spafinder’s Wellness 365 brand, which offered incentive products and partnerships that helped to foster wellness in the workplace, will begin winding down as Spafinder continues to remain focused on its core business.
For more information, visit www.spafinder.com.