Sunless tanning has come a long way over the years, and many of today’s formulas combine rejuvenating skincare benefits with today’s innovative tanning technology. For instance, Coola's Sunless Tan Firming Lotion offers the appearance of firmer, tanner skin, and the Sunless Tan Anti-Aging Face Serum helps to minimize free radical damage, smooth skin, and reduce the signs of aging while adding gradual color to the skin. Similarly, VersaSpa’s self-tanning products combine green and brown marine algae to detoxify, firm, and rejuvenate skin for a beautiful, natural-looking tan. In addition to its new, innovative ingredients, sunless tanning has expanded from spray and lotion formulas to new textures that provide a variety of benefits and delivery methods. Here’s a look at some trending new options:
- Sheet Masks: St.Tropez Self Tan Express Face Mask is a tanning-infused sheet mask that develops into a radiant glow after eight hours. Leave on for five minutes for a light tan, 10 minutes for a medium tan, and 15 minutes for a deep tan.
- Drops: Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops can be added to a moisturizer to provide a natural-looking glow. The peach drops help brighten the skin; the green drops help to reduce redness and calm the skin; and the violet drops help reduce sallow tones and enhance a tan.
- Water-Like Texture: James Read Coconut Water Tan Mist is formulated with natural coconut water and helps to produce a natural-looking tan within three to five hours after application.
- Gel: Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Gel leaves skin with a natural-looking glow and features a variety of natural ingredients.
- Serum: Vita Liberata Self Tanning Anti Age Serum gives a natural-looking face tan while reducing fine lines and wrinkles and plumping and conditioning skin.
- Rollerball Oil: Tan-Luxe Wonder Oil is a rollerball tanning oil that glides over the skin to release a golden color to the skin.