Most hair-removal customers are eager for advice on maintaining and extending the result of their service, and they look for your staff to offer guidance. Provide clients with tips such as these to help them look and feel their best after they leave your spa.
- Exfoliate a few days before waxing and in between waxing services to remove dead skin cells and minimize the chance of getting ingrown hairs or bumps as the new hair grows.
- Use sunscreen daily to protect sensitive skin.
- Moisturize skin after waxing treatments to help replenish skin’s moisture barrier.
- Grow hair to at least a ¼-inch, and don’t shave before waxing.
- Book a return visit every three to four weeks to lessen the pain associated with hair removal.
- Use a targeted treatment product that contains active ingredients, such as salicylic acid, to help reduce ingrown hairs.
- Wait at least 24 hours before having sex, swimming, or sunbathing if waxed in the bikini area.
- Exfoliate the waxing area, a few days before waxing.