One of the most important aspects of hair removal is the aftercare, so be sure to recommend these helpful tips to ensure clients’ skin remains smooth and bump-free after leaving your spa.
- Apply a hydrating, soothing mask to the skin daily.
- Gently exfoliate skin no fewer than 48 hours after hair removal to prevent bumps from forming, and exfoliate skin a few times per week in between waxing services to buff away dead skin cells, boost circulation, and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Use an ingrown hair treatment in between waxing services.
- Moisturize the skin with an aftercare lotion that contains soothing ingredients to reduce any redness or irritation.
- Avoid the pool, sun, and saltwater for 24 to 48 hours.
And when choosing products to help treat skin post-hair removal, be on the lookout for these ingredients that are known to reduce redness, soothe irritated skin, and help heal inflamed skin.
- Almond Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Cucumber Extract
- Shea Butter
- Tea Tree Oil
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Willow Bark Extract
- Witch Hazel (without alcohol)