You don't have to be a fan of R&B or pop music to know the name Beyoncé. Once known as the lead singer of iconic '90s girl group Destiny's Child, Beyoncé has since launched charity organizations, clothing lines, and a music streaming service; won 22 Grammy Awards; and has been called "the most important and compelling popular musician of the twenty-first century" by The New Yorker, among a few other accomplishments.
On Sept. 4, 2018, "Queen Bey" as she's called by her fans (also known as The Beyhive) will celebrate her 37th birthday. To celebrate the occasion, and the fact that she doesn't look a day over 25 (can you say skincare?), the Argentta Spa at the famous Watergate Hotel is offering a few special Beyoncé-inspired treatments during the month of September.
The treatments were designed to be extra hydrating and anti-aging, which according to Beyoncé's makeup artist Sir John, is his primary focus when he creates her looks. Check them out below:
Bey and Jay Couples Massage ($510; 90 min):
- Full-body, 90-minute, aromatherapy, and back scrub massage.
- Uses a blend of essential oils and purposeful movements to stimulate circulation, promote deep relaxation, and restore the flow of energy throughout the body.
Couture Lemonade Facial ($320; 90 min):
- A luxury cellular treatment designed for anti-aging and complexion enhancement.
- Customized to your skin type and age.
- Complimentary glass of refreshing lemonade.
BeyHive Honey Infused Manicures ($55; 50 min):
- Smooth, tone, and brighten your hands and nails in antioxidant-rich berries, organic mushrooms, and pure plant hydrosols.
- A restorative ritual for the extremities crafted for an extraordinary healing experience.
BeyHive Honey Infused Pedicures ($75; 50 min):
- This nourishing treatment delivers a surge of hydration while firming and toning the skin using antioxidant-right arctic berries, white peat enzymes and omegas-3 and -6.