While the idea of crystal healing may initially conjure up images of magical and mystical rituals, the reality is that crystals have moved beyond their woo-woo origins to become a popular and therapeutic tool in the spa industry today. “Crystals not only help balance your mind and mood but they also have skincare benefits,” says Thalia A. Walkup, business development manager for Body Bliss. “These benefits include firming, anti-aging, relieving skin fatigue, and leaving the skin fresh and re-energized. Crystals carry a frequency with which our bodies naturally resonate.” Incorporating skincare products infused with healing crystals can ramp up the results of your clients’ skincare regimens.While everyone has their favorites, here are some of the more popular crystals along with their benefits.
- Amethyst: This calming stone is especially effective on the third-eye chakra. It can also be used to soothe inflamed skin.
- Aventurine: Ideal for releasing negativity and blocked energy, this crystal comes in a variety of colors. With anti-inflammatory effects, it is thought to help reduce allergies, breakouts, and migraines.
- Clear quartz: One of the most common types of crystals, it has a high vibration and clears and amplifies other stones.
- Garnet: With the ability to heal and purify, this gemstone helps restore and revitalize the body.
- Hematite: Stimulating the mind and featuring a strong grounding and balancing energy, it is also known to provide pain relief.
- Lace Agate: This soothing stone helps relieve stress and anxiety while also balancing energy.
- Moonstone: Used to alleviate anxiety, depression, and insomnia, this crystal also enhances intuition and creativity.
- Rose Quartz: Considered the “love stone,” it is most often associated with the heart chakra. Its calming and loving energy encourages forgiveness and reconciliation.
- Sodalite: Thought to calm emotions and clarify thoughts, this crystal stimulates intuition and creativity.