What are five ways in which your brand is helping the spa industry with the comeback?
Repêchage, a company that has served the professional beauty industry for the last 40 years, continues to develop new programs and initiatives as the industry confronts the challenges of the current health crisis. As businesses reopen, Repêchage remains committed to assisting skincare professionals with the following products, services, and programs.
1. Donation of Essential Care Products: Repêchage was awarded the Hero Award by the Hudson Regional Hospital; Secaucus, NJ, Mayor Michael Gonnelli; and the Secaucus Town Council for its commitment to the community and generous ongoing donation of the new Repêchage Spray On Hand Sanitizer Collection and Repêchage Hand Wash with Botanicals to the first response community of Secaucus, including nurses, doctors, EMTs, firefighters, and police. Repêchage launched these essential care products within weeks of the COVID-19 health crisis, making these available to the professional skincare industry and the general public at an affordable price.
2. Virtual Learning: Lydia Sarfati, founder and CEO of Repêchage, hosts business and educational webinars with thousands of participants. To provide skincare professionals with the most up-to-date information going forward, as well as develop plans for continuing their business, Sarfati now hosts weekly online forums, many in conjunction with leading doctors and experts. These educational and business-building webinars are ongoing, and include demonstrations, spa business tips, and tips on best practices to communicate and stay connected with clients.
3. Reopening Sanitation Protocols: To assist in reopening, Sarfati created Spa and Salon Reopening Protocol Post COVID-19 reopening and sanitation guidelines for reference for the professional skincare industry, available at www.lydiasarfati.com. As president of CIDESCO Section USA, Sarfati also worked with CIDESCO board members to create CIDESCO reopening and sanitation guidelines for the U.S. and international community.
4. Afterpay: In consideration of the difficulties faced by many consumers and business owners during the global health crisis, Repêchage introduced Afterpay, an easy installment payment plan option.
5. Career Guidance: To increase the value and skills of estheticians as they continue to develop their careers during and after the current health crisis, Sarfati revised and updated Success At Your Fingertips: How to Succeed in the Skin Care Business, a step-by-step manual on how to succeed in the ever-changing skincare industry with updated information on resources, e-commerce and the internet, digital, and social media marketing and promotions. Sarfati also was a contributing author to the newly launched Oncology Esthetics, a textbook written by Morag Currin of OTI, which addresses the important new developments in this burgeoning skincare field.