Social media has proven to be an effective platform for promoting and showcasing both spa products and treatments. According to HootSuite, there are 3.196 billion people using social media, the average American spends more than two hours per day on social media platforms, and 88 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds say they use social media. On top of that, 90 percent of brands use social media to increase brand awareness, which makes sense considering there are more than 800 million monthly active users of Instagram, more than 2.17 billion users on Facebook, more than 330 million monthly active users on Twitter, and more than one billion monthly active YouTube users.
Here, Edgar Dominguez, global educator at Jane Iredale, shares his advice on using different social media channels to attract and keep clients:
- Facebook: Post a video of a live demonstration, share stories relevant to the services you are promoting and how to take care of the lashes and brows post-treatment, engage with friends, and create polls to which customers respond.
- Instagram: Instagram is the perfect place to post before-and-after images. Creating the proper setting is key to achieving a professional effect. Post only the most amazing results you can achieve from the lash and brow service.
- Pinterest: On Pinterest, upload photos of clients (with permission, of course), as having beautiful images will allow the person to pin on their board.
- Twitter: Twitter is a platform to gain followers that have received the services you offer, so create hashtags that will attract people interested in that specific service.
- YouTube: Create a channel, get subscribers, and live stream to offer clients an overview of how the lash and brow services work at your facility, and do a Q&A session to answer any doubts. Before posting a video, intrigue your audience and set a specific day and time you will be premiering your video.