Welcome to Lipgloss + Aftershave’s 2020 Progressive Monthly Column!
It’s 2020, a new year, and a new decade. Let’s make this the year that you bring your business fully into the 21st century and get your digital ducks in a row!
This year, we’re going to offer this year’s monthly column in a progressive outline, so each month will build on the prior month. These columns are also a sort of tutorial and preparation for the Lipgloss + Aftershave presentations at all four of the International Esthetics, Cosmetics and Spa Conferences between March and October.
Beginning now, follow along each month for your guide to growing your business using the digital realm! We will be offering tips, advice, and how-to solutions that can easily be implemented in the new modern digital media world. Let 2020 be the year that you commit to fully embracing digital and being open to feeling uncomfortable and commit to learning and growing!
Get Your Ducks In A Row
In order to succeed in the digital space, you need to be set up for success. Make sure you have each of the below digital platforms you’ll need, and that they’re set up correctly:
Top 5 Digital Media Essentials
1. Website: Make sure you have a web site and that it’s set up with all of your contact information and has all of your services and prices listed correctly.
2. Blog: Having a blog on your site is essential. It’s an easy way to add content to your site. Regular blog articles give you content to share so you can get your community to come to your site. Blog articles written by you and your team establish you as a thought leader, which adds to your credibility. This will improve the chances of potential clients booking when they see this level of leadership.
3. Email Marketing: Have an email marketing platform set up. Be sure to collect email addresses from leads at events and allow your social media community to easily sign up for your email campaigns. Collect email addresses from every client and update your list regularly.
4. Social Media:
- YouTube: It’s essential to have the three most popular social media platforms. But because video continues to drive engagement, a YouTube channel is a great hub for your video. You can easily create videos on a mobile device, embed them into your blog, and show readers what they can experience at your spa.
- Facebook: It’s vital to have a Facebook page, and to make sure that you have the entire page set up correctly. Use it to share content and run Facebook Live sessions. Setting up a Facebook Group is also a great idea! You should also be running Facebook ads to your local community.
- Instagram: As the most popular social network right now, Instagram is a must. Be sure to have content for your Instagram feed that is on brand and looks great. Instagram Stories are a great way to engage your community. You can showcase your personality while taking polls, asking questions and soliciting feedback.
5. Online Booking and Online Gift Card Sales: If you have a software system to run your business, it most likely has the option for online booking and online gift card sales. Be sure that you take all of the necessary steps to get this up and running. It’s so important that you have these two tools in place. In 2020 this is something that clients now view as required and not a perk.
Are You Set Up For Success?
You need all of this in line to be set up for digital success. If you don’t have the time, the knowledge or the desire to set up each of these, that’s ok! There are many consultants that you can hire to get you up and running. They’ll even help you with a digital strategy. Regardless if you do it yourself or pay someone, these are called for a reason. Having these in place will make your business run more operationally efficient and more profitable.