Growing up, skincare wasn't something openly discussed among the peers of Natalya Rachkova, licensed esthetician and founder of The Better Skin Co. Rachkova, who says she's always had an innate desire to help others, saw the need for skincare education in her home country of Uzbekistan and took it upon herself to get the proper training to help others. In 1985, she graduated as a registered nurse from Borovsky Medical School—it was a requirement in Uzbekistan to become a registered nurse prior to studying aesthetics. Two years later, Rachkova was a graduate of the Aesthetic School of Tashket, and began working as a medical esthetician specializing in needle electrolysis, mesotherapy, and a variety of massage techniques.
Rachkova has since took her small-town line that she once formulated in her kitchen to an international wellness brand, available at big box retailers such as Ulta and Amazon. One of her proudest accomplishments is The Better Skin Spa (Bellevue, WA), where Rachkova treats clients and teaches them the ins-and-outs of skincare. The spa’s signature facial is The Better Skin Miracle facial, a luxury anti-aging treatment with a holistic approach. The customized treatment features unique deep tissue massage techniques to balance the mind, body, and spirit. The use of highly effective professional products combined with the regenerative touch of a master esthetician slows down the client’s aging process, boosts cell metabolism, and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, and inflammation, leading skin to appear clearer, firmer, and smoother. The 90-minute treatment concludes with a hand and scalp massage to the sounds of a singing bowl to create an all-encompassing sensory experience.
Here, discover how to perform Rachkova's Better Skin Mirakle Facial.
- Begin the treatment with a personal consultation and analyzation of your client’s skin.
- Once relaxed, begin a shoulder and neck massage to release muscle tension and increase lymph flow.
- Remove make up with cleansing oil, cleanse face with proper cleanser, and remove it with presoaked sponges.
- Apply enzyme mask to remove impurities, dead skin, and excess sebum.
- With the mask still on, steam the client’s face to activate the enzymes in the mask before removing the mask with a professional exfoliating brush.
- Remove all residue of the enzyme peel with sponges and warm towel infused with lavender essential oils.
- While the client relaxes with the warm towel, apply warm gloves to their hands to help relax the nervous system and ease their minds into an Alpha (meditative) state.
- Remove the towel off the client’s face, then apply about 2 tablespoon Mirakle Cream with couple of drops the essential oil of your choice evenly on their face, neck, and décolleté.
- Encourage the client to perform a few breathing cycles with you and invite them to further relax their mind.
- Perform a face massage that starts and finishes with the lymph-drainage technique, first to encourage lymph flow and remove toxins, and in the end to bring fresh blood with oxygen and healthy pores to the surface. This should take about 30-40 minutes.
- After the massage, remove excess oil and apply 1 teaspoon raw honey evenly to client’s face. Remove honey with a hot towel.
- If needed, perform optional extractions and finish with a pore-tightening mask.
- Perform hot and cold jade-stone massage.
- Application of appropriate serum and mask. Offer an LED add on if suitable for the client's skin.
- While client relaxes with mask, perform head and hand massage.
- Remove mask, apply serum, moisturizer, and SPF.
The combination of unique massage techniques will provide a noticeable lifting effect to the client’s face and will last up to 10 days.