Sorella Apothecary's new Marine Mermaid Mask is a luxe cooling mask that lowers the skin's temperature, thus increasing the absorption of active ingredients. It is also a natural, algae based mask that reduces redness and inflammation. The mask, which can be applied over eyes and lips, leaves skin feeling soft, supple, and refreshed.
“The Marine Mermaid Mask was designed for estheticians and spa directors that want to offer an exclusive treatment that clients can’t do at home," says Emily Sindlinger, cofounder of Sorella Apothecary. "We recommend having this mask as on add-on option as well as the signature treatment. This protocol makes the facial experience go from basic to very unique by just adding a few extra steps. Clients will want to add this to every facial once they have experienced how hydrated and refreshed their skin feels.”
Here, check out a step-by-step protocol on how to perform the treatment on your clients:
Cleanse with Apricot Mango Cleansing Milk or Orange You Jelly Cleanser and remove with a warm towel. Perform second cleanse with Grapefruit Polishing Powder to improve uneven skin texture or Lychee Willow Bark Deep Clean to remove pore-clogging impurities. Remove with a warm towel.
- Spray Watermelon Mint Hydrating Mist onto two cotton rounds and swipe in upward motions.
- Apply a thin layer of Cherry Pepper Peel and allow to sit for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a cool towel.
- Perform extractions, if needed.
- Spray Watermelon Mint Hydrating Mist onto cotton pads and swipe in upward motions.
- Using Massage Butter, perform facial massage. Remove with a warm towel.
- Lightly massage Main Squeeze Hydrating Serum into skin until fully absorbed.
- Mix 11/2 scoops of Marine Mermaid Mask with 1 scoop of room temperature water. Apply Marine Mermaid Mask to the face and allow the mask to set (10 to 15 minutes). Loosen the edges of the mask once it is set and lift off in one piece.
- While mask sits, perform neck, back, and shoulder massage using Massage Butter.
- Apply a thin layer of Pomegranate Acai Antioxidant Serum or Lemon Lightening Serum onto skin until fully absorbed.
- Gently apply Aloe Cucumber Eye Gel or Yogurt Kale Eye Concentrate around the eye area.
- Apply Daily Greens Moisturizer for a matte ﬁnish, Blueberry Milk Moisturizer, or The Balm for drier skin. Massage into skin.
- Apply Tropical Topical Matte SPF 30 or Quench and Protect SPF 30.
- With a small brush, apply Avocado Oil Lip Hydrator to the lips to ﬁnish the facial.
Products you'll need:
1. Watermelon Mint Hydrating Mist
This versatile spray can be used as a toner, a setting spray, or when you need a dewy boost. The face will feel revitalized with an energizing hint of mint.
2. Pomegranate Acai Antioxidant Serum
Fight daily pollution and complexion-dulling irritants with a dose of antioxidants and vitamins that’s ideal for all skin types. This hydrating serum rejuvenates dry and tired skin while minimizing visible effects of stress and fatigue.
3. Yogurt Kale Eye Concentrate
Avoid modern injections with an old-school revolution. This eye cream is inspired by yogurt’s long-used brightening powers, plus a boost of superfood greens to help diminish fine lines. The proven ingredient argireline makes this a must-have for your clients’ eye arsenal. Feel revived with a flawless finish.
4. Marine Mermaid Mask
This luxe in-spa specialty mask soothes and cools the skin. It leaves the skin feeling soft, supple, and refreshed.