This past fall, Thalgo launched its new Peeling Marin range, one of the first marine cosmeceutical lines featuring acids from fermented micronized algae. André Bouclet, founder of Thalgo Laboratories, first developed micronized algae back in 1966, and the brand has spent the last 40-plus years perfecting the ingredient. It’s made up of fucus vesiculosus, laminaria digitata, and litothamnium calcareum—different types of seaweed and coral—which provide an abundance of trace elements, amino acids, vitamins, and sugars.
The patented, 100 percent natural biotechnological fermentation process uses no chemical solvents and helps the algae release marine ions in an active form that is easy for the skin to absorb. The new line combines the micronized algae with glycolic and gluconic acids to deeply exfoliate and stimulate cell renewal to provide long-lasting results. The new Peeling Marin Facial Treatment, which features products from the new line, is ideal for clients looking for a renewed skin look that’s visible after one treatment. The treatment is available in three doses—light, medium, and strong—that can span up to three weeks:
- Peeling Marin Treatment: A one-time, light-dose, grade one peel. Good for soothing the skin, brightening complexion, and increasing elasticity.
- Peeling Marin Treatment Course: Two 30-minute, medium-dose peels. Grades one and two over the course of two weeks. Good for wrinkle reduction, tightening pores, and toning the skin.
- Peeling Marin Intensive Treatment Course: Three 30 minute, strong-dose peels. Grades one, two, and three over the course of three weeks. Good for the treatment of deep wrinkles, creating more even skin tope, and increasing firmness in the skin.
Looking to offer Thalgo’s Peeling Marin Treatment at your spa? Here’s what you need to know:
Treatment Length: 30 minutes
Suggested Treatment Price: $75-$100
Products Needed: Aquatic Essence (to soak oshiboris), Express Makeup Remover, Gentle Cleansing Milk, Pre-Peel Cleanser, Grade 1, 2, or 3 Peel, Post-Peel Neutralizer, Soothing Repair Balm
1. Prepare: Cleanse the client’s eyes and lips using Thalgo Express Makeup Remover, and follow the Thalgo Cleansing Ritual, using the Pre-Peel Cleanser, adapted for your client’s skin type.
2. Correct: Peel with your choice of 3 grades, according to the session:
- Session 1 – Grade 1 Peel: Apply the entire single-use dose, leaving on the client for 3 to 5 minutes, stopping at 3 minutes on delicate skin.
- Session 2 – Grade 2 Peel: A two-stage application, using one half of the single-use dose per application. Leave the first application on for two minutes and three minutes for the second, creating a total leave-on time of five minutes between both applications.
- Session 3 – Grade 3 Peel: A two-stage application, using one half of the single-use dose per application. Leave the first application on for two minutes and three minutes for the second, creating a total leave-on time of five minutes between both applications.
Pro Tip: Use the peel time to perform a relaxing head and scalp massage on your client while the peel takes effect.
3. Neutralize: Apply Thalgo’s Post-Peel Neutralizer (1 ml for Grade 1, 2 ml for for grades 2 and 3) followed by Thalgo’s Soothing Repair Balm. Leave the balm on for 10 minutes, rinse off and remove any remaining product with two cotton pads soaked in Beauty Tonic Lotion. Perform Thalgo’s Deeply Nourising Hand Massage while the Balm is on.
4. Optimize: Apply Thalgo’s End of Treatment Cream according to your client’s skin type. Conclude with SPF 50+ Sunscreen.