Introduce your salons and spas to Boulevard, a brand new business management platform designed specifically for the beauty and personal care industries. Boulevard was inspired by the belief that personal care should be convenient for everyone. The innovative platform expands consumers’ booking options by combining self-booking, automated business operations, and performance data.
The new management tool provides multiple services on one comprehensive platform. Boulevard offers an intelligent scheduling solution and point of sale system. By using a cloud-based software, front desk staff can also add a personalized touch in operations. Boulevard aims to facilitate a high quality, personalized experience in each transaction and interaction, helping personal care businesses reduce costs, maximize revenue, and convert customers from guests into long-term clients.
Cofounded by Matt Danna and Sean Stavropoulos, The Los Angeles based, venture-backed startup wanted to change the status quo by building a business management platform engineered for stability and designed with elegance. “Sean and myself are not from the beauty industry but have surrounded ourselves with the best of the best, including some of the most prestigious, successful salon and spa brands,” Danna says. “After working behind the front desk for months ourselves, we were able to learn, synthesize, and systematize best practices, while also providing and applying relevant learnings from other industries. The result is a platform that not only elevates the client experience but drives significant revenue for business.”
In the U.S., the spa and salon industries are growing, with over 1.2 million establishments and $55 billion in revenue, according to the Professional Beauty Association’s Economic Snapshot of the Salon Industry (2018), making tools like Boulevard even more valuable to salon and spa businesses. Boulevard reports a decrease in front desk hours by 32 percent and phone calls by 56 percent due to the business management platform. Overall revenue was also reported to increase by 12 percent.
Additional benefits include:
- Connected workflow: Unified self-booking and business dashboard across appointments, payments, scheduling, client profiles, inventory, reports, and more.
- Maintain control: Flexibility to customize scheduling and staff settings, service categories, pricing, and more at the brand and location level.AI-powered scheduling” Evenly space appointments so that calendars are stacked to maximize the day and reduce unnecessary downtime.
- Powerful payment processing: Boulevard's wallet-free checkout frees up the front desk to focus on client hospitality, upselling products, and managing front of house.
- Convenient communication: Confirm, reschedule, and send customizable appointment reminders to customers in real-time.
- Make bottom-lines come true: Customizable reports let owners and operators easily understand business performance and make decisions on where to focus their energy.
- Partners, not vendors: High-touch service and real-time responses are just a couple of beneficial features.
Boulevard is currently available in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York City, Palo Alto, and San Francisco. For more information, check out the Boulevard website.