The International SPA Association (ISPA) established the ISPA Innovate Awards to recognize companies who have launched innovative solutions and products in the past year, celebrating members who have demonstrated creativity and commitment in the face of an ever-changing market.
“As a spa industry, we are very fortunate to have leaders that are constantly looking for new, innovative ways to grow our industry,” says Lynne McNees, ISPA president. “We are excited to recognize this year’s ISPA Innovate Award winners as their forward-thinking ideas continue to inspire others.”
This year’s twelve award winners were determined by ISPA members who voted for their favorites from a list of 80 Innovative Award applications. The winners will be honored onstage during a General Session at the 2019 ISPA Conference & Expo in Las Vegas this September. The organization that received the most votes will be awarded the Innovation of the Year Award, which will be announced at the conference.
Check out the list of the 2019 ISPA Innovate Award recipients for the respective categories below:
Leadership and Philanthropy
- Conscious Coconut: Organic coconut oil packaged by developmentally challenged adults that also feeds a meal to a child with every purchase.
- Hilton Worldwide: Hilton Worldwide School of Wellness Spa Manager Onboarding Program, designed to propel, retain and attract new professionals to the spa industry.
- Saltability: $340,000 raised for Alzheimer’s care/support/research through event leadership at the 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Boca Raton, Fl.
Experiences and Treatments
- Knesko Skin: Rose Quartz Chakra Facial featuring Knesko Natural Collagen Hydrogel Mask.
- The Edgewater Spa: Brew-inspired spa treatments to complement their urban resort’s Brewgrass Concert Series.
- The Spa at Cliff House: Adapting seasonal spa treatments to align with shifts in nature.
Technology and Equipment
- Hyperice Inc: Recovery and movement enhancement technology to optimize health and wellness of service providers as a way to extend their careers and combat industry burnout.
- Living Earth Crafts: Global Customer Service Phone App for product registration and service, making trouble shooting and obtaining warranty service easier.
- Technogym: Stationary bike simulating the thrill and challenge of outdoor cycling.
- Circadia by Dr. Pugliese: Circadia’s Innovate skin science meets Hydrafacial’s patented vortex technology.
- Eminence Organic Skin Care: Organic products proven to dramatically reduce acne in 28 days.
- Noel Asmar Group: Athleisure uniforms that uses recycled fabric made from repurposed plastic bottles.