Easy to incorporate and guaranteed revenue generators, consider implementing some of these bright ideas in your spa this summer to provide your clients with above and beyond service:
- Create limited-edition, summer-themed cosmetics bundles. “For example, ‘Glow Envy’—every product provides that go-to luxurious glow, or ‘Close-up Ready’—forget your FaceTune app and stock your own makeup essentials for #nofilter skin,” says Edgar Dominguez, global educator at Jane Iredale.
- Gift a free product with a nail service. “A great promotion is a spa mini program where the customer receives a mini version fashion-size of the color that was applied to their finger and toe nails, so that they can do their own touch-ups,” says celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann.
- Offer a callus removal upgrade.
- Encourage clients to test products before purchasing. “Lip-starter kits allow clients to try all the different finishes and shades prior to purchasing," says Dena Bruckman, marketing director at Grande Cosmetics.
- Offer free nail art with any manicure or pedicure service.
- Pair mineral cosmetics with facial treatments: "Appeal to the masses with long-wear makeup that lasts during the long, hot summer months,” says Ami Mallon, global corporate educator at Osmosis Skincare. “I love using mineral makeup for this, as minerals are naturally water-resistant and long-wear.”
- Allow clients to customize their own beauty kits. “Customization is something that the consumer is loving,” says Pedro Curiel, brand ambassador at Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics. “Anytime they can customize their own beauty kit, not only do they appreciate the brand, but they also come back and shop.”