Although most people don’t necessarily equate French cuisine with healthy eating, Stephane Beaucamp, executive chef at Lake Austin Spa Resort (TX), is responsible for serving up the destination spa’s conscientious cuisine. Born in France, Beaucamp attended Belliard culinary school in Paris before going on to work at a number of Parisian landmark restaurants. It was at the renowned spa of Enghien-les-Bains, outside of Paris, that he got his first taste of cooking health-conscious cuisine. After a stint working in LA and cooking for celebs such as Elton John and Nicole Kidman, Beaucamp made the move to Austin. At Lake Austin Spa Resort, he serves up healthy creations inspired by his French influences and the spa’s local on-site organic garden. Here, he shares a recipe for his healthy Green Goddess Dressing.
Green Goddess Dressing (makes 2 cups)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- ½ cup of light mayonnaise
- ½ cup of fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup of goat cheese
- ¼ cup of minced chives
- ¼ cup of minced parsley
- ¼ cup of minced tarragon
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of tarragon vinegar
- 1 tsp of anchovy paste
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until the mixture pulls together and then puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until needed.