Here at American Spa, January is not just about resolutions. It’s also all about trends, as we are back once again with our annual report. The American Spa staff has spent the last several months scouting trade shows and events, connecting with industry insiders, pouring over beauty and wellness magazines and websites, and watching the marketplace to come up with 10 topics we believe are already making waves or are on the precipice of making a mark.
Because this is the fifth time we’ve tackled this task, we're proud to say we’ve been fairly successful with past predictions. Among the topics we have highlighted in previous years are crystals, cryotherapy, CBD, DNA, vegan and cruelty-free beauty, IV infusions, sleep and wellness, salt, massage-on-demand, wellness communities, and many more.
As such, we're thrilled to present you with our 2019 report, which runs the gamut of on-the-pulse wellness trends. From blue beauty, clean-air initiatives, fair-trade skincare, and brightly colored natural cosmetics to financial wellness to state-of-the-art homecare devices and blue-light blockers to the fem-care craze to a throwback to spirituality in spa, this year’s trends are diverse, dynamic, and compelling. Take a look at our 2019 Trend Report topics below:
- Blue Wave: Moving beyond sustainability, the skincare and beauty industries are doing more to contribute to the health of the environment.
- Left To Their Own Devices: Spa-goers get homecare at their fingertips with increasingly advanced handheld skincare devices.
- A Breath of Fresh Air: Clients are seeking clean, healing air as part of their wellness journeys.
- Money Matters: Recognizing the link between stress and financial health, wellness-seekers are turning to financial guides and programs that promote wellbeing.
- Clean Cosmetics Go Bold: The beauty industry introduces cosmetics that are healthy for spa-goers but also feature colorful pigment.
- Playing Fair: Consumers are now buying products that help marginalized communities around the globe.
- The Feminine Mystique: The spa industry is recognizing women’s needs with intimate skincare.
- Green Gains: New initiatives to stem the tide of environmental damage and heal the planet gain new ground.
- Spiritual Pursuits: Spas are adding to the treatment experience by offering spiritual journeys and solutions.
- Out Of The Blue: The spa and skincare industries are fighting back against blue light, the newest threat to skin caused by screen time.
And don't forget to mark your calendars! Join us as the American Spa editorial team presents the latest trends sweeping our industry via a webinar on Monday, January 28, at 1 pm EST. Keep an eye out for a registration link in the near future!