As temperatures drop and the holiday schedules fill up, a vacation might sound especially tempting. WalletHub’s 2019 Best Winter Holiday Destinations recently reported the ultimate vacation spots based on cost and convenience. Whether you’re a cold-weather fanatic or prefer warmer skies, the report has you covered with all temperatures and destinations.
If you’re planning a winter trip, why not stop and get some wellness pampering while you’re at it? Below are Wallethub’s top five cities for both cold and warm winter travel with a few wellness location suggestions from American Spa.
Best Cold Destinations for Winter Travel:
1. Atlanta, GA
- Spa at Château Élan includes unique treatments like a CBD-inspired renewal and a seasonal solstice package.
- Indigo Wellness’ menu boasts attunement therapy, gua sha therapy, Reiki, and much more.
- Jurlique Spa at the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta features treatments focused on radiance and renewal, making it a perfect New Year’s destination.
2. Chicago, IL
- Chuan Spa at The Langham, Chicago won Favorite Resort Spa and Favorite Spa Treatment Menu in American Spa’s 2019 Professional Choice Awards.
- The Peninsula Spa at The Peninsula Chicago has a menu inspired by Ayurvedic and Asian philosophies.
- Cowshed Spa at Soho House Chicago offers facials, body therapies, and more using natural Cowshed products.
3. Denver, CO
- Relâche Spa & Salon at Gaylord Rockies Resort (Aurora, CO) is just a 30-minute drive from Denver and provides a luxury experience for spa-goers.
- The Art, a hotel, does not have an official spa, but the amenities like CBD-infused drinks, skincare products, and tea all scream wellness.
- At The Oxford Club, Spa & Salon, wellness is a priority. A full-service hair salon, modern fitness center, and high-end boutique are available.
4. Philadelphia, PA
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia is a full-floor crystal-themed spa and wellness center that’s become a must-see in the city.
- The Spa at The Logan incorporates CBD products in many treatments for holistic relaxation.
- The Rittenhouse Spa & Club’s menu offers two different full-body rituals among myriad other offerings.
5. Washington, DC
- Lorien Spa at the Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa (Alexandria, VA) is a short drive from DC. The extensive treatment menu is worth the extra travel.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC offers guests ambiance and holistic therapy for body, mind, and spirit.
- Unwind Wellness Center provides integrative treatments like Reiki, a Japanese technique for stress reduction.
Best Warm Destinations for Winter Travel:
1. Austin, TX
- Miraval Austin is nestled in the heart of Texas Hill Country, providing relaxing treatments inspired by the surrounding nature.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort brings wellness to the waterside, literally. The secluded resort champions integrative wellness, conscientious cuisine, and more.
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reopened this year following a $150 million renovation. New spaces include an adults-only rooftop pool and garden oasis.
2. Dallas, TX
- The Spa at The Joule takes guests through a healing journey using unique European heat experiences.
- Well & Being Spa at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas offers an extensive treatment menu and relaxation for all.
- Hiatus Spa + Retreat has a full line of natural and organic plant-based Aveda products for spa-goers’ enjoyment.
3. Las Vegas, NV
- Bathhouse Spa was listed on America’s Top 100 Spas (2018) and focuses on elevated immersion for mind, body, and soul.
- Sahra Spa, Salon & Hammam was named as the 2018 Best Spa in the Las Vegas region in the Inaugural Global Spa & Wellness Awards.
- The Spa & Salon at Aria made Forbes Travel Guide’s list of 2019 Star Rating winners and is the largest five-star rated spa in the U.S.
4. San Diego, CA
- Sea Spa at Loews Coronado Bay Resort made America’s Top 100 Spas (2018). An outdoor Watsu pool and relaxation sanctuary are two of the unique offerings.
- Spa at The Del at the Hotel del Coronado recently revealed a CBD spa therapy menu with facials, massages, pedicures, and more.
- Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa created the Wellness Collective, a retreat that generates positive gene expression through spa experiences.
5. Tampa, FL
- Rock Spa & Salon at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa underwent a $700 million expansion in 2017. Updates include an extended treatment menu and a pool and deck area matching the size of a football field.
- Tranquility Wellness Spa (St. Petersburg, FL), a 25-minute drive from Tampa, has packages that include a prenatal massage and a couple’s rejuvenation.
- Soho Wellness + Med Spa accommodates single guests, couples, wedding parties, birthday parties, or even an office’s team-building event.